This workshop is fully booked.
To sign up for the waiting list, please send an email to
This workshop is about looking at the essential components of the copperplate style and exploring a new way of looking at it. Many of the ‘rules’ are the same, but stroke terminals, joints, spacing and letter shapes can all be altered to make a fine and elegant style with a creative twist:
- The correct angle to the page and the correct position in the hand to draw that perfect line.
- Look at two different, but interchangeable variations in style, and analyze the characteristics and key elements of both.
- Practice the subtle variations in letter height and experiment with a varying x-height.
- Look at letter spacing and how it can vary and yet still create a balanced piece.
- Experiment with word compositions and make a successful design.
The course is conducted in English with volunteer translations into French
Dates: Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 March 2023
Times: 9h30 – 12h30 / 13h30 – 17h30
Location: Piscine de Kain, Rue Vert Lion 40, 7540 Tournai (Kain)
Price: 160€ (+ annual fee)